1. The Abstract should aptly and concisely describe what the paper is about, so that the reader and the scientific committee may make an informed judgment about the value of the presented work.
2. It should dwell on the premise of the paper (why the project was undertaken), the methodology and the summary or conclusions of its findings, preferably with a representative illustration or 3-power point slides.
3. The title should preferably not be more than 12 words. The total word limit should not exceed 300-350 words.
To be able to submit abstract, you need to register yourself for the conference first. Click here to Register.
Guidelines for "The APSI Junior Best Paper Competition and McNeil Best Visuals Award"
Eligibility: Junior Plastic Surgeon undergoing post-doctoral training of MCh or DNB, or not more than one year after training of MCh or DNB. The paper should not have any co-author specified in the abstract. If there are co-authors, same may be disclosed in the certificate accompanying the paper submission.
The abstract is to be submitted online by the due date announced by the Organizing Committee. While submitting the abstract of the paper the trainee must indicate that abstract is to be considered for this particular session by selecting the appropriate category from the options provide online. The abstract should be accompanied by a certificate from the Head of the Department, where the participant is undergoing training.This certificate will confirm the under training or recently passed status of the applicant as well as declare that the paper submitted has any co-authors or not. The local scientific committee can ask for full papers for selected abstracts.
1. The title slide should NOT indicate the name of the institution.
2. The work should reflect that it has been carried out by the junior plastic surgeon.
3. Time- 08 minutes will be allowed for presentation, to be followed by 02 minutes discussion. 4. Anybody from the audience is free to ask questions on the presentation.
A panel of three judges will be given the task of finding out the best podium presentation from among the applicants. They will be in the audience and scattered. There will be another panel of three judges in the audience to examine best visuals for McNeil Best Visuals Award from among same set of applicants.
Guidelines for “The Kamath Best Poster Award”
Eligibility: Junior Plastic Surgeon undergoing post-doctoral training of MCh or DNB, and all categories of members of Association can submit single or multiple entries for this competition.
The abstract is to be submitted online by the due date announced by the Organizing Committee. All the poster will have to be submitted and displayed only in electronic format.
1. The work should reflect that it has been carried out by the presenter.
2. Poster shall have to be displayed in electronic format on LED Screens at thedesignated place on the evening of Dr. Sunderarajan Workshop and will have to be there for next three days.
A panel of three judges will be given the task of finding out the best poster presentation from among the applicants. They will be visiting the poster as a group on pre-announced time for sub groups of posters. One of the presenters will have to remain present at the site of poster display to face the queries or mini interview from the jury.
The Dr. Sam Bose and Dr. Saroja Bose award for best paper in Research and or Audit Category
There is no special session for this category of papers. During abstract submission for APSICON, authors have option to get their papers considered for this category. Later scientific Committee will ask for full text of such papers to be judged by a panel. The panel will be decided by Chairman of Organizing Committee, Chairman of Scientific Committee and Organizing Secretary of that APSICON. Winners name will be communicated by scientific chairman to Hon. Secretary APSI one month in advance of APSICON. It will be declared during general Body by the Secretary. The Scientific Secretary shall confirm that the winner is a fully registered delegate of that APSICON and that the winning entry has been presented from podium during any of the sessions of the conference. The winner for particular APSICON shall receive medal, certificate and cash price at next APSICON.
Guidelines for “Dr Ashok Raj Koul Innovation Forum”
1.This will be a 45-minutes session on “Innovation" in main hall.
2. The aim of this "Innovation Forum" will be to outline some of the innovations which you might have made and even published in the past, the circumstances leading to their origin, and to explain some of the fundamental concepts behind those innovations.
3. 12-innovators will be selected from this category to present their innovation in 7-slides with raw data and no frills. Each presentation will be of maximum 3-minutes.
1.This 5-hours "Residents Forum” award session will be held On November 20th, 2018 from 1PM to 6PM.
2.30-free papers will be selected for this Forum with no introductory frills and parting thank you.
3.These will be 7-minutes free papers with 3-minutes discussion time.
4.This is a forum exclusively for residents perusing training in Plastic Surgery for their M.Ch and DNB and so we will require a forwarding letter from your Head of the Department along with your abstract.
5.Editorial board members of IJPS, Indian Journal of Burns and Journal of Cleft Lip, Palate and Craniofacial Anomalies to be in attendance so that the residents get the best feedback and their work is instantly peer reviewed by a hall full of referees for future publication.
6.There will be prizes for this session and so what goes without saying is that we are increasing the responsibility of the teaching units by requesting them to ensure that at least two of their residents attend APSICON 2018 with their well organized and well rehearsed presentations, with excellent audio-visuals, good message and finishing well in time!